Our new chicken sausage links have been so popular! A couple people have asked for recipe suggestions, and this pasta is one of my favorites! What a twist on traditional pasta, am I right?
Y’all know how I like to keep things quick and simple. I mean, we are busy, we don’t have time to make 2 hour meals. So for this chicken sausage recipe you’ll need about 10 minutes for prep. Cook time is only 30 minutes!
What You Will Need:
These will serve 4-6, so double if you’re feeding a big brood.
- Your own homemade pasta sauce, or store bought (there are so many organic options that are store bought and delicious!)
- 1 box of penne pasta
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound of Underground Farmers chicken sausage (cut into bite size pieces)
- 5 cups of shredded spinach
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (more or less, but I am a cheese lover)
What you need to do:
1 - Preheat the oven to 350F.
2 - Simmer Sauce: Simple. Low heat and pour in pasta sauce.
3 - Cook the pasta: Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in a pot. Pour in pasta and cook around 8 minutes. Add salt to taste. Drain pasta & set aside.
4 - Cook Sausage: Heat up olive oil in a skillet and add in pieces of sausage until brown.
5 - Add in pasta & sauce & spinach: slowly add in pasta and sauce stirring as you go. Drop in the spinach, mix and let simmer.
6 - Bake pasta: pour pasta mix into an oven safe pan. Cover will the cheese and bake for about 10 minutes.
Let us know how you like it!